- Anonymous. "Yodeling Dogs Here: Like A Fox or Dingo - New Guinea Find." Daily Mirror, Sydney, Australia. March 20, 1957. Includes head study of the original pair the day they arrived in Australia. 1 page.
- Anonymous. "Yodeling Dogs from Jungle." Woman's Day with Woman. May 6, 1957. Includes picture of first pair with professional singer. 1 page.
- Anonymous. "Singing Dog Puppies: Rare Type from N.G." The Sun-Herald. Sydney, Australia. July 7, 1957. Includes picture of first captive-born litter being held by Taronga Zoo supervisor Chuck Cody. 1 page.
- Boorer, Beverly. "The New Guinea Singing Dog." Dogs Life. July-August 2008. pp. 76-79.
- Brisbin, I. Lehr, Jr. "Primitive Dogs." Purebred Dogs, AKC Gazette. March 1987. p. 79.
- Hardy, Cheryl. "More Than 200 dogs Make a Show of it with Fanciers." Augusta Chronicle. April 6, 1989. Picture of I. Lehr Brisbin, Jr. with two NGSD being shown. 1 page.
- Kaplan, Seth. "Singing Dogs Are Cat's Meow." Dog World. August 1991. pp. 36-37.
- Tobias, John. "Singing Dogs of New Guinea: Are These Unique Dogs Wild or Domesticated or Something In-between? They May Disappear Before We Find Out." Dog Fancy. May 1987. pp. 33-35.
- Working, Russell. "Dogs' Woof More of a Hum: Biologist Studies Vanishing Breed." Medford Mail Tribune. Feb. 5, 1996. 2 pages.
- Persky, Phil. 245 8th Avenue, New York, NY 1 001 1. News Release - "Hopes Rise for the Continued Existence of Wild Populations of the World's Most Primitive Dog." 2 pages. No date - possibly 1992/1993.
- McKenzie, Sharon. "New Guinea Singing Dog Breed
Description." Dec. 15, 1988. 6 pages.
Back to the main Resources page