- Corbett, Laurie. The Dingo in Australia and Asia Comstock/Cornell
University Press, Ithaca, NY. 1995. References to NGSD on pp. 14,
- DePrisco, Andrew and James B. Johnson. The Mini-Atlas of Dog
Breeds T.F.H. Publications. Neptune City, NJ. 1990. "New Guinea
Singing Dog." Color picture, p. 534 and second picture on p.
41. Basically the same pics/text as in expanded publication from
same source, The Atlas of Dog Breeds by Bonnie Wilcox and Chris
- DePrisco, Andrew and James B. Johnson. Canine Lexicon.
TFH Publications. 1986. Has an entry for the NGSD with picture.
- Evans and Christainsen. Miller's Anatomy of the Dog
Third Edition. 1992. pp. 21-31 "Origin and Domestication of the
Dog." Juliet Clutton-Brock and Peter Jewell. Referenced on p. 29
under subheading "Anciently Feral Dogs."
- Flamholtz, Cathy J. A Celebration of Rare Breeds Vol. 11
OTR Publications, P.O. Box 481, Centreville, Alabama 35042. 1991.
Chapter 26: "The New Guinea Singing Dog." pp. 147-154.
- Flannery, Tim. Mammals of New Guinea. Second Edition. 1995.
Cornell University Press, Ithaca, NY. pp. 56-57.
"Introduced Mammals". Color picture of black and tan NGSD. Text
- Fogel, Bruce. The Encyclopedia of Dogs. 1995. A half page entry
with three pictures.
- Titcomb, Margaret. "Dog and Man In the Ancient Pacific With
Special Attention to Hawaii." Bernice P. Bishop Museum Special
Publication 59. Honolulu, Hawaii. 1969. pp. 53-73. One photo,
drawings circa 1888 and 1911.
Back to the main Resources page